Our Lawyer Referral Service helps any and all British Columbians find a suitable lawyer to help resolve their legal problem. Any BC resident can call us at 1-800-663-1919 or (for family, residential tenancy and employment law problems) use our online booking platform to be connected to an expert lawyer who will provide up to a half-hour of free legal consultation.
Regular Lawyer Referral Service
You can receive a free half-hour consultation with an expert lawyer by following these steps:
- Call our Lawyer Referral Service telephone line at 1-800-663-1919 or 604-687-3221 (in Metro Vancouver) from 8:30am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- Briefly explain your legal problem. Our staff will then provide you with the name and contact information of a suitable lawyer to help you.
- If schedules allow, your lawyer will provide you a free half-hour consultation to determine your legal needs and how you can serve them.
- If you’d like further help from your lawyer, you can retain them at an agreeable rate of charge. There's no obligation for either party to continue after the free consultation.
Please don't confuse our Lawyer Referral Service with legal aid. In BC, legal aid is provided exclusively by Legal Aid BC to British Columbians on very low income who qualify for their services.
Online Lawyer Referral Service
You can receive an online referral for a free half-hour consultation with an expert lawyer if:
- Have a family law, residential tenancy or employment law issue
- Have the ability to pay for a lawyer’s post-consultation services
- Are willing to work with a lawyer by telephone or videoconference
- Can communicate in English
If you meet all of the above criteria, you can use our 24/7 online booking service. You can schedule your consultation online and then meet your lawyer by videoconference or by dialling into our online platform. Once you've scheduled your consultation, you can send your lawyer a message through our online platform to tell them how you prefer to connect.
If you already have an online Lawyer Referral Service account, you can sign in to schedule an appointment with your current or new family, residential tenancy or employment lawyer.